Infinity Ward are currently on the lookout for developers to help work on a campaign and a co-op for Call of Duty 2022.
Infinity Ward are in the process of hiring a selection of developers for next years unannounced Call of Duty title, open job listings have confirmed the title is set to have single player as well as co-op modes.
So it seems that the Call of Duty franchise will be staying strong with their signature three part campaign in their next title for next years release.
A string of job listings from Infinity Ward suggest that the Call of Duty 2022 title will have both single player and co-op modes.
There are listings in particular that mention both of these modes, the first of these positions being an SP Game Designer.
“We are looking for a passionate and talented Level Designer to join Infinity Ward. In this hands-on role, you’ll collaborate with experienced designers on creating and implementing new game features. “
- “Participate with other designers in planning, creation, and support of level design documentation
- Assist other designers with the creation of game content at the design level
- Communicate ideas and needs with team leads and members of other disciplines
- Monitor performance and maintain integrity of assigned game assets
- Actively engage in peer reviews of other levels and game modes”
“Infinity Ward is currently seeking a talented Senior AI Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience in a similar role. This is an opportunity to work on cutting edge AI in the world’s premiere FPS franchise. We’re looking for someone who comes to the table with new ideas, but has the pragmatism required to ship a video game.”
- “Work with the AI engineering team to craft best-in-class AI technology for our next AAA title.
- Work closely with the design and content teams to bring new AI characters and behaviors to life.
- Collaborate with the animation team to continue improving the visual fidelity of our AI.
- Contribute ideas for new AI architectures and technologies.
- Design, plan, and implement performant and optimized AI systems.”
This could also suggest that next years title will include some type of new machine learning for next-gen consoles as PS5 and Xbox Series X both can support ML inference.
Of course, Activision have not even confirmed this years Call of Duty title as of yet, so we may be getting ahead of ourselves looking to next year. Although it’s exciting to now exciting things are in the works.
Be sure to check back with us at Gamerficial for the latest news and updates.