It was only a few short weeks ago that Rockstar confirmed Grand Theft Auto 6 was in development, after years of silence fans finally got the confirmation they were looking for, but that wasn’t enough for some. A new leak over on the GTA Forums claims to know a lot of details about the upcoming game.
The post appears to have been removed, or at least it isn’t easy to find. Thankfully we have a copy so we can take a loot at all of the details inside. Before we go ahead, just remember that we can’t verify the information so nothing is final until Rockstar says so.
When will GTA 6 be announced and when will it release?
- Grand Theft Auto VI will be fully revealed during the later half of this year
- Grand Theft Auto VI is planned to be released for Holidays 2023 or Spring 2024
- Grand Theft Auto VI will release on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S with a PC release planned further down the line
There’s nothing ground breaking here, the game could be in our hands as early as next year if you play on console, it’s interesting that Rockstar would release the biggest game of the decade on a console that many people are still struggling to get their hands on at the moment. Maybe the console shortage is a reason for Rockstar delaying the game for so long.
Where and When will gta 6 be set?
Leaks have been suggesting a return to Vice City for a very long time now, fans have even started mocking up their own maps like the one above, but you might be pleased to know that they might be rather accurate.
- The game will take place in Southern Florida
- The game will revisit the 1980s
- The map is composed of two major cities (Vice City and Cottonmouth) and a few small towns
- A representation of the Everglades, Florida Keys and Lake Okeechobee are present in the game
- The game takes place in the HD universe
- The map will be 1.5 times bigger than the one from GTA V
If this is correct then it will for sure be the largest GTA game we’ve ever seen, one of fans biggest complaints about Grand Theft Auto V (for online anyway) was that most of the space North of the main city is wasted, so having two major cities and lots of smaller points of interest should combat this and stop most of the multiplayer lobbies from gathering in one place.
Activities and other features
This could be the first year that gamers see a playable female protagonist in the game and the game looks to be keeping it’s character swapping feature like Grand Theft Auto V.
- The game has 3 playable characters, two men and one woman
- The story has around 90 main story missions
- Missions are less scripted, giving players more freedom when completing missions
- The player can buy properties and businesses around the map, building their own criminal empire
- The game will have over 400 vehicles at launch
Stay tuned to Gamerficial for more gaming news.