Actor Norman Reedus has revealed that a sequel to Dead Stranding is ‘in negotiations’.
Norman Reedus recently discussed the possibility of Death Stranding 2 in an interview with Vitória Pratini from AdoroCinema.
Reedus teased a potential sequel to Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding as he said “I think we’re doing a second Death Stranding. [The game] is in negotiations right now. So… Yay!”
Although, this isn’t the first time he has mentioned a sequel is coming, last year Reedus mentioned that he was ‘in talks’ about working on a new project with Kojima.
“We did Death Stranding, which was a huge hit, and we’re in talks to do other stuff”, he said to Wired, although it wasn’t clear exactly what this may be.
Death Stranding was initially released back in 2019 on PlayStation 4 followed by PC in July of 202, since then the title has reached enormous success selling over 5 million copies worldwide.
It has recently been in talks that Microsoft may be signing the next game from Kojima although nothing has yet been officially revealed.
Kojima however, has since expressed that he would like to work with Reedus again, so it could be that a sequel is indeed on the cards.
Kojima’s popular title Silent Hills was also planned to star Reedus, the game that was announced back in 2014 but then was cancelled by publisher Konami.
Death Stranding Director’s Cut will be released for PlayStation 5 on September 24 this year and will feature enhanced visuals along with brand new features.
Be sure to check back with us at Gamerficial for the latest news and updates.
Featured Image: Kojima Productions