Here we have compiled a complete guide of what you can expect to take place on your island this New Year’s Eve.
It’s no secret that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has became a viral success worldwide this year, with the games release seeing many through the tribulations of a global quarentine. The viral game has not only gave players something to do through the pandemic, but also allowed players to virtually meet up with friends when it was otherwise impossible.
Finally we have to say goodbye to 2020, with us all hoping for a fresh start and a somewhat better year in 2021, and of course no celebration would be complete without an event taking place on our islands. Here is everything you need to know about New Year’s Eve.
The festivities will start at 5am on December 31st, players will find that Resident Services will be closed on their islands all day. Not to worry though, you will find Isabelle and Tom Nook in the plaza, dressed in their best threads for the evening’s celebrations. They will be completing the set up of rather large countdown clock just outside Resident Services to see in the new year.
There will be excitement across your whole island as celebrations will be in full swing through the entire day, which means yes, the party will be lasting from 5am all the way through to midnight on the 31st.
In the buildup to New Year’s Eve itself, there will be a host of special items available top purchases to help you see the new year in the best way! Items such as New Years Hats and even Sparkling Cider that you can make a toast with at midnight will be available. You can find the full list of items and how to get them below:
- New Years Noodles – Nook Shopping (December 27th-31st)
- Sparkling Cider – Nook Shopping (December 27th-31st)
- Twelve-Grape Dish – Nook Shopping (December 27th-31st)
- Berliner – Nook Shopping (December 27th-31st)
- Party Poppers – Chat with Nook at the Plaza
- New Year’s Hat – Purchased from Nook at the Plaza
- 2021 Celabratory Arch – Nook Shopping (January 1st-15th)
- New Year’s Silk Hat – Purchased from Nook at the Plaza
- Kagamimochi – Nook Shopping (January 1st-15th)
- Kadamatsu – Nook Shopping ( January 1st-15th)
- New Year’s Shimekazari – Nook Shopping (January 1st-15th)
- Yut Nori – Nook Shopping (January 1st-15th)
- Olivier Salad – Nook Shopping (January 1st-15th)
- Zodiac Ox Figurine – Nook Shopping (January 1st-15th)
This page most likely contains affiliate links to things such as Amazon Associates, this means if you use one of our link we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps keep our website running.Join Amazon Prime – Watch Thousands of Movies & TV Shows Anytime – Start Free Trial Now