Did you know that its possible to get a nuke in Warzone 2? It’s a lot more difficult than it is in multiplayer. Here how you can get one for yourself by completing the Champions Quest.
Lots of features were changed in Warzone 2 from the original Warzone, Activision went above and beyond to build on the formula that made Warzone so great, with the addition of swimming, a new backpack system, and even proximity chat.
Recently, rumours had been circulating about the Nuke being added into Warzone 2, and now we’ve seen it for ourself after three streamers pulled off the seemingly impossible task.
How to get the Tactical Nuke in Warzone 2
The Nuke can be obtained by completing the Champions Quest, then gathering and assembling three components to activate the Nuke.
How to find the Champions Quest
- When you first start the game, you will see that a “Champions Quest” has been initiated, people are saying you need to be on a 5 to 7 game win streak for the quest to appear, but this is yet to be confirmed.
- You will see three crown icons on the map. Drop close to one of them.
- When you reach the crown, you will see a contract called “Destroy the Warzone”
- Picking this up will initiate the Champions quest.
Locate the parts required in Champions Quest
Be aware that enemies can steal these parts from you.
- Yellow circles will appear on the map, this is the area you need to search for the parts.
- Inside of the yellow circle you will be searching for a red box, inside the box is a glowing yellow orb.
- When you get close enough to the red box, it will mark its exact location on the map.
- Do this for all three parts. You will get three elements, Plutonium, Beryllium, and Tritium. (When holding all parts it will scramble your mini-map.
How to build the Nuke
- After the 4th Safe Zone has been revealed, a plane will fly over the map and it will drop a Nuclear Canister.
- The Nuclear Canister will show as a radioactive symbol on the map.
- Interact with it and place all of the parts into the canister.
- After all elements are in the canister, a laptop will appear.
- Interact with the laptop, this will arm the Nuke.
- A 2:00 countdown will begin, you will need to defend the Nuke during this time. Other players can disarm the Nuke.
- Once the countdown reaches zero, you will see the message “Nuclear Bomb Incoming.”
This is when the Nuke detonates. Your screen will turn white from the Nukes explosion, and the message “Champions Domination” will appear on the screen.
The Nuke ends the game, and the players who activated the Nuke will win the match. This is the only way to win other than being the last team alive.