Fall Guys release last week was a huge success for developer Mediatonic, the game sold over 2 million copies and is in the top 6 most played games on Steam with over 100,00 concurrent players.
The question now is, how will Mediatonic keep players coming back, the game is fun but with only 24 game modes they can get repetitive fast. The good news is the first update is coming today (August 12th) and it brings with it a new game mode.
🚨 We're about to drop a new level into rotation!!! 🚨
Jump Showdown – A fan-favourite from the beta! 👑
We'll be adding it in our first update TOMORROW!
Patch-notes in the thread 😗👌
More new levels will be coming soon – along with new features & costumes 👀 pic.twitter.com/zQ4hOI70MP
— Fall Guys… SPAAACE! 🛰️ (@FallGuysGame) August 11, 2020
Jump Showdown, a final round level was in the beta version but was left out of the main game, for whatever reason. From tomorrow, it will be added back to the game. Similar to Jump Club, but with floor segments that fall away until just a few remain. This continues until only one player is left standing.
As well as the new level, there is a lot of bug fixes, including a fix to stop people essentially skipping the block party level. The patch notes included in the Twitter thread above are listed below:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only – Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
The future looks bright for Fall Guys, lets hope they can keep up the momentum and keep the game feeling fresh with lots of new levels, and fix those pesky server issues!